ASHIC Foundation is driven by a simple mission: improve the quality of life for children living with cancer in Bangladesh, through any means possible. Our long-term goal is to establish a state-of-the-art research hospital and have it be a place that will allow these ill children, often terminal cases, to live their lives with dignity, which we believe is the most basic human right we are born with, regardless of race, religion or creed.
Since its start in 1994, ASHIC Foundation has:
- Touched the lives of more than 15,000 children
- Given hours of enjoyment to more than 1,000 children through its Outing Program
- Counseled more than 500 parents through its Somobyathi program
- Housed more than 300 families at the ASHIC Shelter
- Entertained more than 900 children at the ASHIC Play Centers across the country
- Cared for more than 400 terminally ill children at the ASHIC Palliative Care Unit
- Support the lives of more than 40 children through its Support-a-Life program
- Reached more than 10,000 children through its Patients Service program
We have come a long way and we are not going to stop. We are here to change the face of childhood cancer in Bangladesh.