In 2010, ASHIC started the ASHIC Medical & Cancer Care Center at Savar, a 6-bed facility at Savar, which is 30km away from Dhaka city. The 9-acre land has been donated by the Choudhury family, with the hope that the current facility serves as the seed for a full-fledged research hospital for childhood cancer in future.
During its initial phase, the plan is to build credibility and recognition of the facility within the local community and as such is currently providing general healthcare services exclusively to the people living at numerous remote places of Savar. Current services include:
• General and Cancer patient management
• Emergency healthcare service
– Oxygen facility for respiratory problems
– Surgery, tumor operation,
– Other Clinical services like dressing, injections, saline
– Blood bank
• Pathology & laboratory services
The current operating cost of the facility is $300 per bed per month. The ultimate hope is that children with cancer can be treated here regardless of their financial abilities. Please help us build this into a world-class hospital in the region by donating.