ASHIC, the Foundation is driven by a simple mission:to increase the survival rate in Bangladesh while improving the quality-of-life for the children with cancer.
Our vision is to establish a state-of-the-art ASHIC Childhood Cancer Research Hospital in Bangladesh.
Since its inception in 1994, ASHIC, Foundation for Childhood Cancer has served and:
- Touched the lives of thousands of cancer affected children through their ASHIC Patient Service Program.
- Counseled thousands of parents of cancer affected children through ASHIC Somobyathi Program.
- Provided countless moments of enjoyment to thousands of children through its ASHIC Outing Program
- Entertained thousands of in-patient children of the Pediatric, Surgery, and Hematology and Oncology Wards of the most renowned hospitals of Bangladesh through their ASHIC Play Center, namely, in Dhaka Medical College Hospital (since 1997), Sylhet M.A.G Osmani Medical Hospital (since 2004), Chittagong Medical College Hospital (since 2007) and the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) Hospital since 2017.
- Housed nearly a thousand families at the first ASHIC Shelter at Central Road, Dhaka, out of whom 150 children have been deemed to be survivors.
- Supported the lives of hundreds of cancer children through its ASHIC Support-a-Life Program by facilitating their treatment and maintenance through financial aid received mostly from donors.
- Cared for more than a thousand terminally ill and other types of cancer children at the ASHIC Palliative Care Unit (PCU).
- Supported several children directly through donations (Cash/Kind) received from the ASHIC Wish List Program.
- Provided psycho-social support to about a hundred families through our newly established ASHIC Parents Support Group (APSG).
- Opened our second ASHIC Shelter at our own property in Bangla Motor, Dhaka with the aim to further increase the percentage of Survivor Rate of cancer children in Bangladesh.
(Data till October,2018)
ASHIC has come a long way in these last 24 years and Insha -Allah we are not going to stop. We are here to change the face of Childhood Cancer in Bangladesh.